Neil Young, Beck, Dave Matthews Band Lead Stacked 2018 Festival D’été de Québec Lineup

first_imgToday, Festival D’été de Québec (Quebec City Summer Festival in English), announced the packed artist roster for their 2018 event. This year’s diverse crop of headliners is led by Canadian hero Neil Young, whose set is being billed as his only performance in his native country this year. Other headliners include Beck, Dave Matthews Band, Foo Fighters, Sturgill Simpson, John Butler Trio, Jethro Tull, The Weeknd, Jane Birkin, The Chainsmokers, Lorde, Shawn Mendes, Cyndi Lauper, Avenged Sevenfold, Future, and more.Other Quebec City Summer Festival performers scheduled throughout the event include St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Con Brio, Busta Rhymes Bella’s Bartok, Bonobo (Live), Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, The Soul Rebels, The War On Drugs, Greta Van Fleet, Car Seat Headrest, Québec Redneck Bluegrass Project, Tory Lanez, Gorgon City, The Funk Hunters, Phoenix, Femi Kuti & The Positive Force, Busty And The Bass, Brockhampton, Sum 41, and many more.The Festival D’été de Québec, hosted annually in Quebec City since 1968, is set to take place from July 5th-15th at 10+ outdoor and indoor venues throughout the city, with the main stage located at the historic Plains of Abraham in The Battlefields Park.According to a release from the event, Festival D’été de Québec promises “1,000 emerging and established artists and more than 250 performances.” The event has also made an effort to continue improving the fan experience with several new improvements, including expanding their front-of-stage audience zones by 1,500 seats, adding several new viewing screens, and beefing up the sound on their outdoor stages.Festival D’été de Québec’s 11-day festival pass, which grants access to all of the performances throughout the duration of the event, goes on sale March 8th. Despite the extensive lineup over the course of a week and a half, the pass costs just $80 U.S./$100 Canadian for the first tier, which lasts until Jun 6th. For more information, head to the festival’s website.[H/T Pollstar]last_img read more

See More

Premier League may be cancelled — Official

first_imgThe English Premier League season could be cancelled if clubs do not agree to play the remaining 92 fixtures in neutral venues amid the COVID-19 pandemic, an official said on Wednesday.Professional football has been suspended since mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the United Kingdom suffering the highest death toll in Europe. Discussions are continuing about resuming matches.This was after clubs were told this month on a Premier League conference call that only neutral venues approved from a health and safety point of view will be allowed.Asked if the 2019/2020 campaign would be cancelled if clubs voted against playing in neutral venues, the League Managers Association Chief Executive, Richard Bevan, said: “Yes, I think that probably is correct.“The government, if they haven’t already, will be making it clear that home matches with densely populated stadia, really puts into question whether social distancing rules can be adhered to.”Brighton & Hove Albion and Aston Villa are opposed to the idea of playing their remaining games at neutral venues. LMA chief Bevan said clubs needed to get on board with the proposal if the season was to go ahead.Brighton chief Paul Barber had previously said playing in neutral venues would have a “material effect on the integrity of the competition.”Brighton are 15th but only two points clear of the relegation zone.Aston Villa are 19th in the 20-club standings but only two points behind 16th-placed West Ham United and with a game in hand.Their chief executive, Christian Purslow, said every club had to protect its financial position. “The risk of relegation is probably a 200 million pound (246.92 million dollars) catastrophe for any club that mathematically could still go down,” he said.“We’re a club that prides itself on our home form. I think two-thirds of our wins this season have come at home,” added Purslow.“We’ve got six home games left to play so I think any Aston Villa fan will agree that giving up that advantage is a massive decision for somebody running Aston Villa.“I certainly wouldn’t agree to that, unless the circumstances are right.”RelatedPosts Runarsson joins Arsenal on four-year deal Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ Ings not interested in leaving Saints, Southampton manager says Reuters/NAN.Tags: Aston VillaLeague Managers AssociationPaul BarberPremier LeagueRichard Bevanlast_img read more

See More