Erram, Belo team up as Blackwater deals Ginebra’s 1st loss

first_imgSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew LA Tenorio still tried to bring the Gin Kings back in the game, trimming the lead down to eight, 82-74, with 3:59 remaining, but Erram and Belo had the last laugh, hitting the crucial buckets to put the game away for good.Greg Slaughter carried Ginebra (2-1) with 20 points, 10 rebounds, and four assists, while Tenorio got 16 markers, six dimes, five boards, and two steals in the defeat.The Scores: BLACKWATER 94 – Erram 22, Belo 22, Maliksi 17, Jose 8, DiGregorio 8, Sena 7, Cortez 4, Palma 4, Marcelo 2, Pinto 0, Cruz 0, Sumang 0.GINEBRA 77 – Slaughter 20, Tenorio 16, Aguilar 14, Thompson 12, Cruz 4, Taha 4, Caguioa 3, Ferrer 2, Mariano 2, Wilson 0, R. Aguilar 0.ADVERTISEMENT OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompsoncenter_img Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netBlackwater started the new year just like how it ended last year: with a win.The Elite proved that they belong with the big boys, toppling one of the 2018 PBA Philippine Cup powerhouses in Ginebra, 94-77, Friday at Mall of Asia Arena.ADVERTISEMENT Quarters: 19-19, 41-33, 64-61, 94-77.RELATED VIDEO Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina JP Erram  unloaded 22 points, 11 rebounds, and four blocks, while Mac Belo also poured 22 markers on a 4-of-7 shooting from three, none bigger than his dagger triple with 1:28 to play, alongside seven boards, three assists, and two steals.Allein Maliksi contributed eight of his 17 points in the payoff period as he helped Blackwater establish control early in the quarter, before Mike DiGregorio fired six of his eight markers to erect an 82-74 lead with 5:10 to play.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkIt was the Elite’s only second franchise win against Ginebra and the first in an all-Filipino conference. They improved to 2-1 for the season with this second straight win.“We told our guys that it’s gonna be something special for our team if we’ll be able to hand Ginebra its first loss this conference, and on our part, our first win for 2018. Luckily, were able to do what we’ve planned,” said coach Leo Isaac. Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defense Anthony still makes impact for Batang Pier on off shooting night View commentslast_img read more

See More

‘Amb. Nnadozie Had no Contact with Ebola Victim’

first_imgThe Nigeria Embassy in Monrovia has distanced itself from recent ‘negative’ media reports linking the Ambassador of being in contact with an Ebola victim, the late Liberian official, Patrick O. Sawyer. At a press conference in Monrovia, Ambassador Chigozie Obi-Nnadozie, said the attention of the Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, has been drawn to that report emanating from a Nigerian-owned newspaper.However, the Ambassador vehemently denied reports that link her with over 59 persons, who had contact with the 40-year old Liberian national, Patrick O. Sawyer, who lost his life to the dreaded virus in Lagos last Friday.The Nigeria-based newspaper reports attributed to officials of the Federal Ministry of Health and Lagos State Government that the Principal Envoy of Nigeria, Obi-Nnadozie, was reported to have been among those who reportedly came in contact with the late Sawyer prior to his demise at the Lagos Airport. But in her quick reaction, the Nigerian female diplomat  quoted the Federal Nigerian Foreign Ministry as declaring: “The Ministry wishes to categorically state that Ambassador Obi-Nnadozie did not at anytime have any contact with the late Sawyer either by way of being in the same building, on a same flight or vehicle, or a given location.“I have in the recent past, been and still [am] at my duty post in Monrovia,” the Envoy emphasized.According to her, the Lagos State government has clarified that she (the Ambassador) was wrongly linked to the Ebola victim, who died in Lagos recently after flying into the country from Monrovia.The statement from the Lagos State government, she said, was signed by the special advisor to the Lagos State Governor on media, Hakeem Bello. It therefore explained that the person on board the flight the newspaper had apparently referred to as Amb. Obi-Nnadozie was the Federal Government official working in collaboration with officials of the State government that provided the name of the ambassador as one of the persons that had contact with the late Sawyer.Meanwhile, the Federal Health authorities, together with their Lagos State counterparts may wish to cross-check this information or any other information accurately for public consumption.The Lagos State Government on July 28 shut down and quarantined the hospital where a Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, suspected with the Ebola virus, died last week in Lagos.“We have shut the hospital to enable us to properly quarantine the environment. Some of the hospital staff who were in close contact with the victim have been isolated. The hospital will be shut for a week and all staff monitored to ensure the virus has not spread,” the Lagos State Health Commissioner, Jide Idris said.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

See More