Dubrovnik has finally taken the right step in the context of reducing the excessive influx of tourists into the city from cruise ships, and in agreement with cruise companies has agreed that a maximum of two cruisers will sail into the most desirable cruise destination in the Mediterranean, bringing a maximum of 5000 visitors.Namely, after Dubrovnik Mayor Mato Franković started talks with the world’s largest cruise companies last year, gathered in the CLIA association, the problem of large crowds due to the simultaneous entry of up to seven cruisers from which 10 passengers would go on a tour of the city at once began. to be addressed. With a better schedule for the arrival of passenger ships, a maximum of two cruisers a day will come to Dubrovnik from next year.”Contracts with cruise companies have been signed for next year so we will have a maximum of two cruisers a day throughout the week, Monday through Sunday. Sometimes there will be only one, sometimes two will arrive at the same time or one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. We strived for that, and now we have achieved it ” Dubrovnik Mayor Mato Frankovic told Jutarnji list, and stressed that there is still a solution to traffic jams, which, he is convinced, is due to the liberalization of the taxi market, due to which more than a thousand taxi drivers worked in Dubrovnik this season.In addition to the agreement on the schedule of cruise arrivals, Dubrovnik also uses a system of cameras that count visitors when entering the historical ensemble, in order to avoid excessive crowds. In addition, through the project “Respect the City” is developing an application for direct communication with guests through which they will be advised the best time to visit the historic center, and by the end of next month will be presented a calendar through which you can see the estimated number of guests inside the ancient walls.”The key to the success of any destination is management, and we have done this by making contact with the world’s leading CLIA group, which brings together all the world’s key cruise operators. We have agreed on a better schedule for the arrival and departure of ships from cruises, which has significantly relieved the historic core and there are no more negative images in the media with congested entrances and blocked Stradun. The excellent coordination of the competent services was the most deserving in solving this problem ”Added Franković and pointed out that there are still days of the week when they do not have a single cruiser.By the end of this year, Dubrovnik will have 440 passenger ships with about 740 thousand passengers, or 3 percent fewer ships than last year, but 5 percent more passengers. And this year, the people of Dubrovnik welcomed the millionth passenger in the port of Gruž two days before last year.
New Delhi: The BCCI on Tuesday announced cash awards of Rs 20 lakh each for the senior selection committee members following India’s maiden Test series win in Australia. Virat Kohli led India to a historic 2-1 win in the four-Test series before capping the Australian tour with a maiden 2-1 triumph in the ODI series. “It has been decided that the selection committee comprising five members will get a bonus of Rs 20 lakhs each,” BCCI said in a release.The selection committee comprises chairman MSK Prasad, Devang Gandhi, Jatin Paranjpe, Gagan Khoda and Sandeep Singh. Committee Of Administrator (CoA) chairman Vinod Rai lauded the selectors for picking a balanced Indian squad during the Test and ODI series in Australia.“We are extremely proud of the way Team India have performed in Australia. We had announced cash rewards for cricketers and support staff earlier and are now rewarding selectors,” he said.Also Read | Krunal Pandya hands blank cheque to Jacob Martin’s family for his treatment“The five men have played a crucial role in picking a balanced Indian squad and offering the team management enough options to work around different combinations. The boys chosen to represent the Indian team went about their task in a fearless manner and stood up in challenging situations.”Member of CoA, Diana Edulji also acknowledged the role of the selectors in India’s performance Down Under.“Each member who has played a role in India’s recent triumphs in Australia needs to be appreciated. With the ICC Cricket World Cup just about four months away, the three-match ODI series in Australia provided excellent preparation for the Indian team,” he said.“The selectors have been focusing on a core group of cricketers that will make the cut at the showpiece event. I congratulate them for picking some fine young talents, who performed brilliantly on their maiden tour of Australia.”Earlier, BCCI had announced cash awards of Rs 15 lakhs per match for each of the playing eleven that featured in India’s maiden Test series win on Australian soil.Also Read | Argentina striker Emiliano Sala’s plane goes missing over English ChannelThe Indian board also announced cash awards for all the reserve players, as well as the members of the support staff.India will take on New Zealand in a five-ODI series starting with the first match at Napier Wednesday, besides playing a three-game T20I series. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.