After renewing Iván Martos (2024) and Aguza (2022), Almería has done the same with one of its captains, Fernando, extending their contractual relationship between club and player for one more year. The Murcian goalkeeper fulfilled a contract in June 2021, so he will be rojiblanco until 2022, continuing the sports management in the planning of the José María Gutiérrez campus in the short-medium term despite not knowing if the UDA will end up promoting to the First Division or not. Thus, Fernando ensures continuity in an indálica entity with too many changes of cards in recent months.Few could imagine the season that Fernando Martínez was going to live before the arrival of the new property. The goalkeeper, who did not make his debut in the domestic competition in his first year in Almería, played four games last year when Fran Fernández’s men no longer played anything. With the sale and purchase by Turki Al-Sheikh, he kept both Murcia and Roman, incorporating Rosic, now on loan at Celta. In November Gutiérrez replaced Pedro Emanuel and in his third game he gave the stripes to Fernando, eternal substitute until then. In winter there were more, with the departure of René, the captain, to Ponferrada, and the arrival on loan of Sivera, who has only acted once. Thus the goal is being for Fernando, with a fortnight of encounters (he did not play so much since exercise 15-16, with Real Murcia, in Second B). The Murcian landed at zero cost in the 2017 summer with René and has earned the warmth of the club and fans. With an initial two-year contract, eleven months ago he signed until 2021, doing so now again, until June 2022. “He has established himself in the current season as a starter, highlighting his great qualities, as well as great professionalism and commitment to the club he represents,” he says. the UDA in the note announcing the renewal.Appiah: “I still have a lot to show at Almería”The most expensive signing in the history of Almería (the sheik paid 8.8 million euros to Nottingham Forest for his transfer), Arvin Appiah has spoken eight months later for the press, specifically for the club’s official radio. The Dutch-British, who had Bale as idols (“he’s fast and direct like me”, he says) and Robben, admits that the adaptation was not easy for him. “At the beginning, Spanish football cost me because it is very technical and tactical and I had to adapt very quickly, but I like it a lot and I am looking forward to playing it again. At first I was more unnoticed because I had to get used to the way of training, to the culture and language, “he says, wanting to demonstrate more to the red and white fans. “The promotion would be incredible, not only for me, but for the whole team, the club and everyone in Almería. Almería’s fans live it with a lot of passion, I notice it when we score a goal. Although we lose, they continue to cheer us up. We have nine games left (actually eleven). I still have a lot to show at Almería. We have to take each one of them as if it were the last one and if God wants, we will go up to First Division “, he comments in English from the British Isles (he was the only footballer on the squad together with Darwin to go to his homeland).
The Nigeria Embassy in Monrovia has distanced itself from recent ‘negative’ media reports linking the Ambassador of being in contact with an Ebola victim, the late Liberian official, Patrick O. Sawyer. At a press conference in Monrovia, Ambassador Chigozie Obi-Nnadozie, said the attention of the Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, has been drawn to that report emanating from a Nigerian-owned newspaper.However, the Ambassador vehemently denied reports that link her with over 59 persons, who had contact with the 40-year old Liberian national, Patrick O. Sawyer, who lost his life to the dreaded virus in Lagos last Friday.The Nigeria-based newspaper reports attributed to officials of the Federal Ministry of Health and Lagos State Government that the Principal Envoy of Nigeria, Obi-Nnadozie, was reported to have been among those who reportedly came in contact with the late Sawyer prior to his demise at the Lagos Airport. But in her quick reaction, the Nigerian female diplomat quoted the Federal Nigerian Foreign Ministry as declaring: “The Ministry wishes to categorically state that Ambassador Obi-Nnadozie did not at anytime have any contact with the late Sawyer either by way of being in the same building, on a same flight or vehicle, or a given location.“I have in the recent past, been and still [am] at my duty post in Monrovia,” the Envoy emphasized.According to her, the Lagos State government has clarified that she (the Ambassador) was wrongly linked to the Ebola victim, who died in Lagos recently after flying into the country from Monrovia.The statement from the Lagos State government, she said, was signed by the special advisor to the Lagos State Governor on media, Hakeem Bello. It therefore explained that the person on board the flight the newspaper had apparently referred to as Amb. Obi-Nnadozie was the Federal Government official working in collaboration with officials of the State government that provided the name of the ambassador as one of the persons that had contact with the late Sawyer.Meanwhile, the Federal Health authorities, together with their Lagos State counterparts may wish to cross-check this information or any other information accurately for public consumption.The Lagos State Government on July 28 shut down and quarantined the hospital where a Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, suspected with the Ebola virus, died last week in Lagos.“We have shut the hospital to enable us to properly quarantine the environment. Some of the hospital staff who were in close contact with the victim have been isolated. The hospital will be shut for a week and all staff monitored to ensure the virus has not spread,” the Lagos State Health Commissioner, Jide Idris said.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)